Learning together online, with passion & love.
Building a foundation for the all the subjects.
Saving. Building. Enjoyment. Education.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 - [ Geography: MYE Topics ]
These are the topics of the 7 other subjects and for others, 8 (Higher Mother Tongue).
So if you would like to study using your textbooks are wish to purchase any guidebooks, I will include the chapters and pages in the textbooks and my recommendations for the guidebooks, which you can purchase at any Popular bookstore.
And thankyou for coming to this blog! =)

I appreciate your effort,, and I apologise for not posting the information earlier due to my busy schedule, but I will try my best.
And I will also include study tips which will help you greatly in exams, as well as tests.
So, here are the topics for geography first, the others will be posted in seperate posts:


Geography ~
-- Format of exam paper: (Total marks: 70)
- Section A:
Multiple Choice Questions
(Chapters 1-5; 5 marks)
- Section B:
Part I, basic techniques
(Chart, graph or Table on Chapter 2: Population; 10 marks)
Part II, Mapwork
(Topographical map, 4 & 6 figure grid, directions: North South East West, reading of contour lines: height of land, Interpret keys/legends; 10 marks)
- Section C:
Structured Questions, 4 Questions, choose 3 to answer
(Chapters 1-5; 45 marks [3 x 15 = 45])

-- Transportation & Communications
- Developments in land / air / water (Effects)
- Types of communications: Telecommunications & Print media (Developments & Effects)
- Shrinking world / globalisation (Positive & Negative effects)

-- Settlements
- Rural / Urban settlements
(Differences & Similarites of 4 aspects: Amenities, population density, way of life & Main function)
- Settlement patterns (Draw and interpret)

-- Population
- Factors affecting world population growth rate
- Factors affecting population distribution
- Population density - Formulae
- Causes of high population rate
(Factors: Low death rate / High birth rate, consequences of high population growth & Actions taken)
- Causes of low rate of population growth (Consequences & Action taken)

-- Agriculture
- Purpose, Input & Outputs:
Shifting Cultivation, plantation agriculture, High - Tech farming & Wetrice cultivation
- Differences and similarity


Hope you can study in time!
If you have any queries, either tag at the tagboard or email me at: merlion0512@hotmail.com

Weishi!

Labels:

Disclaimers #
Hello one and all,
welcome to the online learning site where you can view useful study tips and notes specially meant for you! From secondary 1 to 2 and 3, we have it all!
We also do requests, as long as you check back weekly.
But do note that I am a student, which meants that I have to study, so I will only be able to type out the notes weekly.
Thankyou for your understanding!
And if you wanna quit, feel free to click here.

---

And thank you for all your support!
Based on nuffnang analytics, I have received visits from all over the world, including United Kingdom, United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, India, Jamaica, Australia, Philippines, Netherlands, Romania, Chile and New Zealand. And I get at least 100 views daily, so keep coming! And recommend this website to YOUR friends if you find this very useful. :)

---

I am Weishi from Singapore. And currently studying! :)
Graduating soon, so while im busy, i'll upload notes once im free.

c.weishi-@hotmail.com
http://genevi--erre.tumblr.com/

Introduction #
Firstly, I warmly welcome you to the best online learning site! Basically, I thought of this idea through the many learning portals.
I thought that it would be troublesome, and the learning portals would only allow certain students to get in.
So I decided, why not let the whole world learn online together?
It will SAVE money on buying assessment/guide books, BUILD a strong foundation for the various subjects, and let the whole world ENJOY learning together.
If you want any particular subjects or level to be published on this website, just request and I will try my best.
All the best and keep coming!

Rs & Cs #


Archive #

  1. Geography: MYE Topics

Links #
Caroline | Weishi | Jurongsec |

Credits #
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.